the educating system Politics and governments

Noranoelle
Noranoelle
Miembro Nuevo

My dear fellow penpals,
I believe that our educating system is heading the wrong way, it consumes me, and i would like your opinion!! I think that we are not learning the right things and children are getting bad examples and can be educated so much better. If you would like to elaborate, do it here!!!! x

Etienne
Etienne
Administrador

My dear fellow penpals,
I believe that our educating system is heading the wrong way, it consumes me, and i would like your opinion!! I think that we are not learning the right things and children are getting bad examples and can be educated so much better. If you would like to elaborate, do it here!!!! x
What do you mean specifically? Do you have examples of how things done in the Netherlands? Education systems can be very different across countries

Mich-
Mich-
Experto

I think the first problem is that parents must STOP to be fans and supporter of their son and must START to be educators.

Shashikala
Shashikala
Experto

our education system also not good, too much burden, unnecessary things to learn at school, children should go to that stream which is necessary for them.

salva_xu
salva_xu
Experto

Education system in Poland is now transforming. They're eliminating 3 years gymnasiums, where children aged 13-15 used to go. Now they wil attend to middle school 2 years longer than it was before the revolution, let's say, and high school will be longer, 4 years not 3, that it used to be. It's a complete mess right now, children are overworked because of the reform, they must gain the knowledge in 2 years, not 3, that it used to be, to pass final tests and then get to good high schools. Of course, high school would be less stressful for them, they will have one year more for studying the same as me, in 3 year mode high school. But wow, this thing is really a huge mess, it's hard to even explain that

Eelisa189
Eelisa189
Experto

Education system in Poland is now transforming. They're eliminating 3 years gymnasiums, where children aged 13-15 used to go. Now they wil attend to middle school 2 years longer than it was before the revolution, let's say, and high school will be longer, 4 years not 3, that it used to be. It's a complete mess right now, children are overworked because of the reform, they must gain the knowledge in 2 years, not 3, that it used to be, to pass final tests and then get to good high schools. Of course, high school would be less stressful for them, they will have one year more for studying the same as me, in 3 year mode high school. But wow, this thing is really a huge mess, it's hard to even explain that

That s intéressant. France highschool s reform want that the high School become more adapted for smart pupils , pupils who understand sweefter, ans the others in some technological cursus and Finnland seems to do the same ? I mean if you have to learn more in less years it s complicated

thedragonandahusky
thedragonandahusky
Experto

As a dutch primary school teacher (sixth grade) I find this topic very interesting. Can you explain which wrong direction we're heading according to your vision?

Emilie_D
Emilie_D
Miembro Nuevo

Education system is not perfect in every countries, because it based on the past and not on the future, and because we expect eveything from it, like we expect everything of governments etc People must stop expecting, waiting, following...
We must do things by ourselves. The future is the "open learning" (I don't know if it's correct): we have everything available now for any purpose. You must learn to search by yourself, learn by yourself.
Education systems give a common global basis. It won't give you a life. You must make it by yourself. And you will be happy :D
And most of all: it's not because you will succeed at school that you will be a better person, and it's not because you won't go to school that you won't become an awsome blowsome kind of super human. You can make it; you just have to want it to happen and make it happens.