Do you agree to the death penalty ? Politics and governments

Hi! 🙂

I was thinking about the death penalty, recently. I know that in many countries, especially in Europe, have abolished the death penalty.
But here in Taiwan, we still retain it. And a few weeks ago, many human rights groups began to appeal to people in Taiwan abolished the death penalty.

To be honest, the abolition of the death penalty is no great difference for me, I may be a neutral... bias to retain it! :hmm:
Long-term observations by the experts, the death penalty seems to placate the feelings of the victims' families a larger role on the society as a whole and not a positive feature. I know that killing a criminal does not deter others from crime, but we cannot ignore the feelings of the victims' families...
Perhaps some people feel that with the death penalty is a symbol of backwardness, but I have put forward different views, because this is link to the different religious beliefs, traditional knowledge and the whole society.
We have a idiom: "A murderer must repay with his life". I myself cannot accept a very large killer and evil, no human person, in doing after so many bad things, do not pay the crimes he committed it. 🙁

I am not in favor of killing, if Taiwan do not have the death penalty, then I would say, continue to be no death penalty!
But Taiwan is now with the death penalty, I think Taiwan hasn' t made preparation for the change yet. So I support to retain the death penalty.

As for me ... this topic is really complicated, it is related to human life, I do not know which is the right choice and feel both repeal and retain is the right one. no123

Please tell me whether you support the death penalty or not!! I really want to know everyone's thoughts, no matter you support or oppose it.
Of course, do not forget to tell why you support and why the opposition!!

Thanks a lot :kiss !!

Human right is one thing, crime is another.
That's right, Taiwan has not been ready to change this.

If muderers should be given the right to live, then how about victims? When killers dprived them of life, did they know how the pain was? Death penalty is not too over for them, they will not be as painful as the people they killed, isn't it enough?

If the death penalty be abolished, is it really a good thing? Even though the murderers will not be put to death, they might be look down on by everyone in the world forever,is it really good?

Well in America they do lethal injecton if someone gets the verdict of the death penalty...
I do have to say that I agree that if a person does a crime that deserves such a punishment it is OK. But then again...one person's idea of what is really bad, is different than another person's...
If it was a premeditated disturbing crime, I think that it is OK. But they better be really sure that the person is guilty.

A sick, twisted individual should not be able to walk around with regular citizens, putting them in danger.

when you intensionally kill an innocent human, you just lost your human rights

I wonder the executant of death penalty will feel guilty or not xD

in california this has been an extremely contested subject by many, but as far as I can see it the death penalty should only be place upon someone if there will be a third party investigation group to re-examine the crime and a waiting period of about 5 years. This should help assuage any fear that the convict might be not guilty and gives the family enough time to grieve without being overly irrational about their loved-ones recent death. (it is psychologically proven that it takes roughly 5 years to completely overcome the stages of grievance.) my only concern is the tax-payers money in this situation and how some parties will not like their money going to fund a person who is going to be put to death so that they can be re-proven guilty.

I'd love to hear more peoples thoughts 🙂

Strictly enforced

The death penalty and other strict forms of law enforcement will reduce the crime rate by removing criminals from the streets and by deterring others from criminal acts. Capital punishment laws should be enforced, although perhaps adjusted to ensure a fair process and to avoid mistakes.
So I'm supporting it. I'm just not that much into wasting alot of money to take care of a sick individual, posing a threat to others constantly.
However.. It depends on the type of crime really.

"...there are things much worse than death..." "Do not pity the dead, Harry, pity the living. Above all, pity those who live without love." JK Rowling, from Harry Potter.
Really, living in a prison for the rest of your life is much worse than death penalty. That's the worst punishment. Those prisoners would welcome death, the end, the peace.
That being said, I can't even imagine what "knowing one's death day" would be like. It must be awful. Too awful to be allowed, IMO. So, life sentences are my best bet.

kill the killers, save the money

But should them then kill the executoners?

no because the criminals' death is a punish

That is ok in some countries, but in Finland we respect the rights of humans. Finland can't even send criminal back to any country, where criminal will be killed.

How about when new evidence shows someone executed was actually innocent. Do we execute the executioner then?

How about when new evidence shows someone executed was actually innocent. Do we execute the executioner then?
if you work in a prison as executioner and you are ordered at some time to neuter a criminal..who's action it is ? [b]yours[/b] as a simple worker there or it's [b]the system[/b] who [i]tells[/i] you to kill him.

anyway , you're right ..mistakes can occur so maybe not all criminals should be killed but those who admit they've killed someone , and those very strong evidence against them.
mistakes happen in the actual system too so the problem won't be in the punishment itself..

if you work in a prison as executioner and you are ordered at some time to neuter a criminal..who's action it is ? [b]yours[/b] as a simple worker there or it's [b]the system[/b] who [i]tells[/i] you to kill him.

anyway , you're right ..mistakes can occur so maybe not all criminals should be killed but those who admit they've killed someone , and those very strong evidence against them.
mistakes happen in the actual system too so the problem won't be in the punishment itself..

i agree, if a mistake like that happens then there is nothing anyone can do to fix it.
(i actually only posted here to see just one more quote box!but it did't work :scooter )

Editado por Pennell .

hmmm death penalty... yes i'm agree with that, because they deserve that, but... maybe they get wrong and this person is innocent :S so maybe the best is be at the prision all your life, but not like in spain that in the prisions they live SUPER GOOD they have food, tv and all this things

I absolutely dont support death penalty, i think its the worst thing ever cause killing a person means doing the same this person has done.
we are all equal and if a person makes a mistake it doesnt mean we have to do another one cause mistake by mistake where will we get?
Life is important and freedom too so if a person must stay in prison for all his/her life i think a person would think twice befone acting like a criminal, dont u think? What is going on is that in some countries the certainty of the penalty is missing...thats the point...

and finally, in my opinion some countries use death penalty just to shut the crowds up, to limitate the expression of the people and so on...
i could write a lot of things... i just wanna tell something to people who agree with it... try to imagine if u would have the strenght to kill someone, to execute death penalty cause when other people do things for us its simple saying yes i agree 😉

Editado por PerfectEnemy .