Which languages do you learn at school in your country? Everyday life and customs

I mean regular school: primary, secondary, high school, cause I know that universities and private language schools offer nearly every language.

Here in Poland the most popular languages are (as follows by popularity):
1.English 2. German 3. Russian 4.French 5.Spanish 6.Italian

Recently I heard something about introducing Chineese in some schools.

And how is it in your countries?

Here in Taiwan, we only learn English in elementary school and junior high school 🙁
When we enter senior high, there are Japanese(which is the most popular one), French, German, Spanish and Latin.
But I'd rather call it a extra class than a complete course, 'cause we have only a lesson per week. And it's only for students who choose the classes. If you're not interested in languages, you could go to other classes such as mathematics, astronomy, intimate relationship(never know what is that xD), religious class and so on. (that's my school, though, i'm not sure how the other schools work 🙂 )

i learn English, German and Dutch 🙂

English, german, french, dutch, but you can learn other languages to, depends on your school.

English, french, Hindi, tamil

In my school only english and german, but in others school you can choose languages like french, russian, spanish, belarussian or latin and more, but it depends of type of school.

We learn english, french, russian, and german

Russian, English, French, German, Spanish

Polish (I come from Poland 🙂), English (everybody and at many levels) and we can choose between French and German. I chose French because my teacher is very crazy and clever person, so for me spending time with her and at her lessons is a pleasure 🙂

I have just like Adwa. 🙂 Unfortunately, I've choosed Germany, not French, and it's my burden now. 😉

Here in Italy, in primary school we study English.
Then, you can usually choose between French, German and Spanish, it depends on the school. If you go to a secondary school specializing in modern languages, you can study two or three foreign languages. 🙂

In France mainly English in first then Spanish ( mainly in south of france). But instead or in addition to Spanish, we can learn Italian, German, Portuguese, and I know in biggers Highs Schools they have Arabian, Japanese or Chinese too. And yes Latin and Ancient greek are currents too.

In Finland, Finnish of course, and then English and Swedish. And you can choose other languages, usually Russian, German or French. Later you can choose more 🙂

I went to school in Indiana, USA. For foreign languages we had the options of French, Spanish, German and Japanese. These were taught in Jr. High and High School.

In France we are obligated to learnt English in first and then we have the choise : Spanish, German, Portuguese, Arabian, Japanese or Chinese, Latin and Ancient greek. Me i have choosed Spanish, because i lived next to Spain! 😃

In Belgium we have to learn the other national language: French or Dutch. In secondary school we can learn English and German.

in austria you learn german and english
latin,french,spanish,russian,italian depends on which school you go

On my school you can learn French, German, English, Spanish, Acient-Greek, Latin and Swedish, but you don't have to learn them all.