The definition of love? Anything and everything

I am wondering what love actually means. I used to believe that love is an expression between two person in love. But I think love is more than just that?

I think love is more like company and care. It’s the communication of two person’s soul.

Actually I still don’t know what’s love, but I think it starts with a strong feeling. When two people are completely in harmony and they understand each other without speaking but just with a look, then they’re made one for the other.

Feelings are personal, thus never the same. I guess it could be whatever you want it to be. Two people will probably never feel the same.

EDIT: Check this out, it is nicely done: https://vimeo.com/121291639 (The Darkest Truth About Love)

Editado por VomWinterwind .

I agree with Lou_003. Love is not restricted between two people. Love can be expressed and showed towards animal and objects like you said, but also in art as well? Love for cooking or cooking with love, love for drawing or drawing with love. Hm.. perhaps you can talk with love, walk with love too? Am I too far fetched?

Feelings are personal, thus never the same. I guess it could be whatever you want it to be. Two people will probably never feel the same.

EDIT: Check this out, it is nicely done: https://vimeo.com/121291639 (The Darkest Truth About Love)

I liked it
In my opinion this is a good sentence to sum up this topic:
http://whisper.sh/whisper/051a3180ab48c3981891f1285f08e242f52db7/Love-is-like-a-war-easy-to-start-hard-to-finish-and-impossible-to-f
What do you think?

A wise person once taught me that the Hebrew bible has 4 words which translate to love. All 4 describe a different kind of love.
- Love for a partner
- Love for family and friends
- Love for oneself
And last but not least
- Selfless Love

What all of these exactly imply can be a book of discussions on its own. To make a long story short, trust your heart. If someone doesn't love you back, let it be a partner or a family member or friend, it doesn't mean that the love is not real. It just means two people don't feel the same.
If someone feels love like you do it, it is a fantastic feeling.

Selfless love is supposed to be the one kind of love that does not execute for you. When you love a partner, it can bring you children, safety, pleasure, all that. Loving family and friends also can bring safety, happiness and much more. Love for yourself brings piece and true freedom.
But selfless love brings nothing for you, it makes you better to the world instead of the other way.

And of course love is not limited to people and love is not static but dynamic. The feelings will change in time, sometimes not so nicely and sometimes really nicely.

In the end, it is what and how you feel. Trust yourself and your feelings.

I think it has something to do with being really happy with the mere existence of the object of love, might it be your self, a planet, an animal, a garden, a mountain, a person, a child, a friend,... And when you feel that you don't need to change it, control, demand, and even be in the presence. You just want the object of your love to be as it is, where, when or how it wants or needs to be.
It includes respect, dedication, happiness, sadness, freedom, and a lot of feelings but never jealousy, control, violence, pressure, disrespect, or anything like that. You don't need the person. That's not loving. That's fear. You are happy when he or she is happy and feel his or her sadness, with respect and empathy.
This is true with parents, husbands and wives, brothers, as between us and animals, plants, life, environment, humanity and most of all: ourselves.

It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
Friedrich Nietzsche