Which language should i study? Anything and everything

Hi there! Soon I will start University, I chose Cultural and linguistic Mediation. I have to chose 2 languages and I will study the language, the culture, the laws and the politics of that country.
The languages allowed are:
English
French
German
Spanish
Russian
Arabic
Hindi
Portuguese
Chinese
Japanese

So, as first language I chose english because I think it's basical and because I really like United States culture and politics. As second language what do you suggest me? I would like to work in European Parliament so french and german were my first choice (i really appreciate french music and culture, while about german culture I don't know so much), but a lot of italians know german and french (for example i studied french at middle school, so I know some basic sentences.
Then I thought about russian since it's something more particular and not so known here in Italy.
What do you think? What would you do?

Aah that's a hard choice! English is a great idea I think! And for the second language: I think you have to question yourself what you want to reach with learning the language: do you want to learn a language that's probably very useful in the future (ofcours all the languages are, but some are more than others), or do you want to learn a language just because you really like the language. I think figuring that out can help you with making a final decision. Greets!

So have you made your decision yet, buddy? I'm quite agreed with Emily's suggestion.
In my case, I'm the latter one,I learn another language because I'm into the culture of that country.
Personaly, I recommned Chinese or Japanese since that's my first and third language,ha.

German or japanese