Do you agree to the death penalty ? Politics and governments

I am totally against the death penalty. Execution is killing too. I think that brutality should not be the answer in a modern democracy. "A killer must repay with his life" - A life in prison is no life. No social contacts, no privacy, no freedom whatsoever.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/what-we-do/death-penalty/

Based on what kind of crimes they have done!

Based on what kind of crimes they have done!
true!

I recommend you read this " On crimes and punishment" by Cesare Beccaria. Death penalty is not a solution under any circumstances. executive justice, not the people.

I don't support the death penalty. I mean yes, there are many horrible people out there who have done horrible things, and I have sometimes felt like death would be a justified punishment.

However, if I think about it for longer, I think life in prison can be just as bad as death. You are cut off from society and stripped of your freedom. In a way, I feel like that is similar to dying. (at least in the ways that matter to me)

I've also noticed that a lot of people like to argue that the death sentence stops people from committing crimes more efficiently than life in prison. However, if I remember correctly, the data shows that this isn't true. I think the crime rates aren't actually any lower in countries with the death penalty than those without. A lot of crimes are also not that carefully thought out and are more of the "heat of the moment" type. In those situations, the criminal won't think of consequences.

The main reason I don't support a death penalty is, that it is irreversible. You kill the criminal, and that's it. No takebacks. Not even if new evidence comes to light that proves the person who was executed was actually innocent. This has happened before, still happens and I doubt that it would stop happening, especially if even more countries started using the death penalty. (I think there have also been studies that show that these "wrong" executions unproportionately affect marginalized communities)

Editado por raesade .

I think it's better, If we convince him and turn him to good, If he don't we have to kill him slowly and painfully

I know I come from Germany and that this is a sensitive topic, but I think the death penalty could be an alternative for the most serious crimes such as child abuse - namely for inmates for whom a life sentence with subsequent preventive detention is torture, as well as for mass rape and sadists who murdered out of lust. As long as the execution can be relatively painless. Couldn't it also be an act of mercy for the perpetrators?

I am totally against the death penalty. Execution is killing too. I think that brutality should not be the answer in a modern democracy. "A killer must repay with his life" - A life in prison is no life. No social contacts, no privacy, no freedom whatsoever.
I agree with u, If we rapist release to society , he pay it with honor and life, if we execute him, we make sin and he die easily and he won't pay

I think that the death penalty should be reserved for serial killers, Mass murderers, rapists and terrorists should be executed only after it is fairly proven they committed the crime, The death penalty creates a sort of fear which prevents people to do these things meaning a decreased number of executions...

Well for me there is a holy right for living and there is no one who should have the right to kill someone. There is noright for an other human to decide whos live is value and whos not. If humans have a free will we should use it to safe and not kill humans... is there any value higher than life in that world? I dont think so...

I believe in death penalty when the convicted is guilty of murder. When you kill someone, you deserve to be killed too. Because it is a human being that is killed and such we have to keep in mind the rights of the murdered person too. And I find it very hypocritical to endorse and clamor for human rights when the rights of dead people are waived for a murderer who not only commits the murder but also is treated with mercy and forgiveness which are not his due .

No I don't

It depends on the severity of the crime. I am partially against death penalty but if someone decides to go on a killing spree or chooses to murder masses of people, I do think that someone should get the penalty. I'm sorry, no one has the right to take another's life.

I agree with you in the case of massive murders like ganocides.

I agree with u, If we rapist release to society , he pay it with honor and life, if we execute him, we make sin and he die easily and he won't pay
U exactly got me dude!😁✌