Books everyone praises, but you don't like it English

I want to ask you about book or books, or maybe writer many people like, but you have read it and didn't understand why?
My example it's Kurt Vonnegut and his "Cat's Cradle" and "Slaughterhouse-Five, or The Children's Crusade". Especially second. I didn't hear bad words about it, but I really don't understand why people so like it. And I really don't understand why this writer is so famous.
I don't want to offend somebody, I'm just telling my point.

I feel that about the whole Fifty Shades trilogy. Not that the books were bad [read them all], but I imagine the look of Christian Grey more created with scars of his past. I don't even get the hype, or what makes him so special.

Lord of the Flies. It's really brutal and children are not children there.

Jane Austen´s Pride and Prejudice is a bit overrated, in my opinion. It is not badly written at all and I understand its satirical and socio-critical tone, but I just do not find any of the characters particularly interesting. However, I enjoyed reading other books by Jane Austen such as Mansfield Park, which I consider to be a masterpiece.

Bret Easton Elis "American Psycho"...what a big sh...t!...and all works of Bert Brecht...stupid communist propaganda written by a hypocrite!!!

Harry Porter,it's great but I'm not very into it...I prefer non-fiction and novels based on real historical events. Oh Mo Yan's books are overrated too.

" Haizi's poems". He is a great and talented poet.BUT
emmmmm......Maybe beacuse my experience and knowledge is poor.I think it's just🥑.I prefer like the poems by Tagore

I don’t like Stephen King and Dan Brown

Justine and Juliette Series by Marquis De Sade. No need to state any reason since these books slowly kill the humanity within.

War and peace and Martin chuzlevit

Why War and Peace though?

Why War and Peace though?
I just didn't understand it

Ah, that makes sense. It's hard just to read as well, I'm currently reading it and I get you haha. I like it though.

Lord of the Flies. It's really brutal and children are not children there.

I like the movie more, tho my mom says the book is much better

I personally don’t like Harry Potter, I probably should have read the books first and only then watch the movies. Since I did the controversial, the books are no longer interesting for me.

Romeo and Juliet. I had to read it for school and for me there's just NOTHING romantic in it. The whole relationship between them is just unrealistic. You don't even know what they love so much about each other.

I'd disagree, people then differ a lot from people now. And their relationships were much different, as well as the society and the way people were raised. And I'm surprised that you don't know that it is the people who are loved and not *something* in them.

I'd have to agree with Romeo and Juliet, the whole story just doesn't make a lot of sense even if you regard the time it was written in. Especially the whole "oh no she is dead, no I have to die; oh no she wasn't dead, but now he is, so I have to die as well" is just plain bs. I don't get why people think it's romantic to commit suicide because someone didn't tell you in time that the love of your life is just sleeping and not dead. Totally overrated story